Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Piotr Pisz <pi...@piszki.pl> on 2019/09/17 05:59:33 UTC

disk total vs disk allocated

Hi all,

I have a strange situation, we have a CephFS share mounted as SharedMountPoint.
CS shows Disk Total as 12T (that's ok), while Disk Allocated shows like 11.8T (it's not ok, disk is 50% full).
How can We diagnose the cause?

Regards,
Piotr

Re: disk total vs disk allocated

Posted by Thomas Joseph <th...@gmail.com>.
Hello Piotr,

Are you using thin provisioning for disk offerings?

With regards
Thomas

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Wondering if updating DB directly would have any effect on the calculations
- It will probably happen that this pool "detail" (overprovisioning factor)
is not taken into consideration at all, even if the DB record is there.

Try adding a new row to the storage_pool_details table - i.e.

INSERT INTO `cloud`.`storage_pool_details` (`id`, `pool_id`, `name`,
`value`, `display`) VALUES ('9', '2', 'storage.overprovisioning.factor',
'2', '1');

Obviously, change your pool_id and the id as needed in that table.

Andrija

Posted by Piotr Pisz <pi...@piszki.pl>.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
So, that sounds OK I guess.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Piotr,

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com>.
Disk allocated != Disk used. It's for how much all volumes will span when
their thin provisioning optimization stops and they fully use the space.