Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by heng du <du...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/17 08:43:59 UTC

[DISCUSS]Apache RocketMQ quarter‘s report

Hi, dev,

The following is RocketMQ's latest quarterly community report, including
some follow-up community plans, especially the GSoC project is about to
start, and we hope to attract more developers through this project if
everyone is interested in it or has other advice, comments and suggestions
are very welcome as always.

The mission of Apache RocketMQ is the creation and maintenance of
software related to a fast, low latency, reliable, scalable, distributed,
easy to use message-oriented middleware, especially for processing large
amounts of streaming data
Issues:

There are no issues requiring board attention.
Membership Data:

Apache RocketMQ was founded 2017-09-20 (2 years ago)
There are currently 26 committers and 13 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 2:1.

Community changes, past quarter:

   - No new PMC members. Last addition was Qipeng Li on 2019-08-12.
   - Chen Guangsheng was added as committer on 2019-12-20
   - Fang Jian was added as committer on 2019-12-20
   - Rongtong Jin was added as committer on 2019-12-20

Project Activity:

Recent releases:
ROCKETMQ-4.6.0 was released on 2019-11-25.
ROCKETMQ-CLIENT-GO-1.2.4 was released on 2019-11-25.
ROCKETMQ-CLIENT-CPP-1.2.4 was released on 2019-11-15.
Community Health:

Overall community health is good. Community Health Score (Chi): 8.37
(Healthy). We have been performing extensive outreach
to related projects, in order to attract new contributors, and are seeing a
steady influx of new people wishing to join and contribute, both
programming and documentation-wise. RocketMQ community activity decreased
slightly compared with last quarter, but the speed of processing issues saw
a moderate increase compared with last quarter.

Next, we hope that more international contributors can join through GSoC or
other projects. Moreover, some discussions about new features have already
taken place on the mailing list.

We'd like to take this opportunity to ask the board or others reading this
report for guidance on reaching a wider group of international messaging
platform student developers.

Best Regards
Henry

Re: [DISCUSS]Apache RocketMQ quarter‘s report

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> We'd like to take this opportunity to ask the board or others reading this
> report for guidance on reaching a wider group of international messaging
> platform student developers.

Move conversations to the mailing list would be my advice.

Thanks,
Justin