Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com> on 2001/12/03 02:14:53 UTC

Re: sender's 100 chars limit

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Candide Kemmler wrote:
> I'm using a mysql repository for the email messages. Sometimes I have to
> remove messages whose sender field uses more than 100 characters as this
> totally prevents James from running...

You can make the field length longer:
CREATE TABLE `Message` (
  `message_name` varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
  `repository_name` varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
  `message_state` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `error_message` varchar(200) default NULL,
  `sender` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `recipients` text NOT NULL,

I defined the sender's length to be 255; if you need more, you can
use "text".

Oki