Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Hasnain <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2011/01/19 17:52:53 UTC

Highlighting approach.

Hi all,

      Im looking into solr's highlighting component, as far as I understood,
solr's response.getHighlighting() gives back formatted string along with id,
then we have to loop through the searched documents and search for id and
then replace the formatted string. This approach will seriously slow things
up because of looping. Is this the only way to use highlighting component or
is my understanding not correct?
Im using solr 1.4

Thanks in advance

Hasnain.

Re: Highlighting approach.

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hasnain,

there is no need for any _additional_ looping? Of course, you have to loop
over initially, to get the results - but this should be enough.

use result/doc/[@name=id] to check if lst[@name=highlighting]/lst[@name=$id]
exists, and if so .. replace the original content w/ the highlighted one?
Details on Highlighting in the Wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters

HTH
Stefan