Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Alejandro Fernandez <al...@apache.org> on 2014/11/19 23:36:25 UTC

[VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Hi all,

The time has come to vote on releasing Ambari 1.7.0.

In the past couple of weeks, the Ambari 1.7.0 release branch has received a
lot of bug fixes and finally reached 0 open Jiras; you should all be very
proud of yourselves for resolving a grand total of 1565 Jiras in the 1.7.0
release!
Total Jiras fixed
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20status%20%3D%20resolved%20AND%20resolution%20IN%20(Fixed%2C%20Done%2C%20Implemented)>

Over the last week, the number of Blocker, Critical, Major issues created
for the Ambari 1.7.0 branch has steadily decreased from 23 to 0, so I'm
confident that the branch is stable as a result of testing and finding
fewer issues every day.
Jiras created in past x days
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20priority%20in%20(Blocker%2C%20Critical%2C%20Major)%20and%20created%20%3E%3D%20startOfDay(-1)>
(8
days ago = 23, 4 days ago = 7, 3 days ago = 6, 2 days ago = 5, 1 day ago =
3, today = 0)

What is the proposed release candidate?
branch-1.7.0 at commit
*https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
<https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465>*
Git source tag: release-1.7.0-rc0
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/ambari/repo?p=ambari.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-1.7.0-rc0

You can view all of the issues in the Ambari 1.7.0 release in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI/fixforversion/12326546

I've uploaded the tarball and artifacts here for review,
http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0
gpg --verify ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sig ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz

PGP release keys (signed using 392F57AC),
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x392F57AC

*Voting process:*

   - How long does the voting take?
   The voting starts immediately and will last 3 days to provide ample
   opportunity for committers in different timezones. It will end on Saturday
   22 at 8 pm UTC (equivalent to Saturday noon Pacific Time),
   - Who can vote? Committers and Ambari PMC
   - What are the voting options?
   In order to cast your vote, you must reply-all with one of the following,
      - [ ] +1 approve
      - [ ] +0 no opinion
      - [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
      - What are the requirements to make the release?
   After 3 days, we will tally the results; at least three +1s from PMCs,
   and more +1s than -1s from all voters.

Thanks,
Alejandro Fernandez
Ambari 1.7.0 Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Posted by Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 for 1.7.0

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Posted by Erin Boyd <eb...@redhat.com>.
+1

Posted by Scott Creeley <sc...@redhat.com>.
+1 for the 1.7.0 Release

From: Jonathan Hurley [jhurley@hortonworks.com]
To: dev [dev@ambari.apache.org]

+1 for 1.7.0
On Nov 22, 2014 1:54 AM, "Jaimin Jetly" <ja...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> +1 for the 1.7.0 release candidate.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jaimin Jetly
>

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 10:11 PM, jun aoki <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > +1 Great work!
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Ravi Mutyala <rm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > +1 (non binding)
> > >
> > > Built from source and created a 5 node cluster.
> > >
> > > On Friday, November 21, 2014, Alejandro Fernandez <
> alejandro@apache.org>

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.md5
> > > >

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sha
> > > >

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sig
> > > >
> > http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz

> > > alejandro@apache.org

> > > received
> > be
> the
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20status%20%3D%20resolved%20AND%20resolution%20IN%20(Fixed%2C%20Done%2C%20Implemented)

> > > created
> > I'm
> > finding
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20priority%20in%20(Blocker%2C%20Critical%2C%20Major)%20and%20created%20%3E%3D%20startOfDay(-1)

> day
> > > ago

> https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
> > > >

> https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
> > > > >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/ambari/repo?p=ambari.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-1.7.0-rc0

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI/fixforversion/12326546

> > ample
> on
> > > PMCs,

> > --
> > -jun
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Posted by Erin Boyd <eb...@redhat.com>.
+1

> > > Built from source and created a 5 node cluster.
> > >
> > > On Friday, November 21, 2014, Alejandro Fernandez <
> alejandro@apache.org>

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.md5
> > > >

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sha
> > > >

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sig
> > > >
> > http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz

> > > alejandro@apache.org

> > > received
> > be
> the
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20status%20%3D%20resolved%20AND%20resolution%20IN%20(Fixed%2C%20Done%2C%20Implemented)

> > > created
> > I'm
> > finding
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20priority%20in%20(Blocker%2C%20Critical%2C%20Major)%20and%20created%20%3E%3D%20startOfDay(-1)

> day
> > > ago

> https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
> > > >

> https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
> > > > >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/ambari/repo?p=ambari.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-1.7.0-rc0

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI/fixforversion/12326546

> > ample
> on
> > > PMCs,

> > --
> > -jun
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Posted by Erin Boyd <eb...@redhat.com>.
+1

> > > Built from source and created a 5 node cluster.
> > >
> > > On Friday, November 21, 2014, Alejandro Fernandez <
> alejandro@apache.org>

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.md5
> > > >

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sha
> > > >

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sig
> > > >
> > http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz

> > > alejandro@apache.org

> > > received
> > be
> the
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20status%20%3D%20resolved%20AND%20resolution%20IN%20(Fixed%2C%20Done%2C%20Implemented)

> > > created
> > I'm
> > finding
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20priority%20in%20(Blocker%2C%20Critical%2C%20Major)%20and%20created%20%3E%3D%20startOfDay(-1)

> day
> > > ago

> https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
> > > >

> https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
> > > > >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/ambari/repo?p=ambari.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-1.7.0-rc0

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI/fixforversion/12326546

> > ample
> on
> > > PMCs,

> > --
> > -jun
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Posted by Erin Boyd <eb...@redhat.com>.
+1

> > > Built from source and created a 5 node cluster.
> > >
> > > On Friday, November 21, 2014, Alejandro Fernandez <
> alejandro@apache.org>

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.md5
> > > >

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sha
> > > >

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sig
> > > >
> > http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz

> > > alejandro@apache.org

> > > received
> > be
> the
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20status%20%3D%20resolved%20AND%20resolution%20IN%20(Fixed%2C%20Done%2C%20Implemented)

> > > created
> > I'm
> > finding
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20priority%20in%20(Blocker%2C%20Critical%2C%20Major)%20and%20created%20%3E%3D%20startOfDay(-1)

> day
> > > ago

> https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
> > > >

> https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
> > > > >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/ambari/repo?p=ambari.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-1.7.0-rc0

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI/fixforversion/12326546

> > ample
> on
> > > PMCs,

> > --
> > -jun
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Posted by Erin Boyd <eb...@redhat.com>.
+1

> > > Built from source and created a 5 node cluster.
> > >
> > > On Friday, November 21, 2014, Alejandro Fernandez <
> alejandro@apache.org>

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.md5
> > > >

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sha
> > > >

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sig
> > > >
> > http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz

> > > alejandro@apache.org

> > > received
> > be
> the
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20status%20%3D%20resolved%20AND%20resolution%20IN%20(Fixed%2C%20Done%2C%20Implemented)

> > > created
> > I'm
> > finding
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20priority%20in%20(Blocker%2C%20Critical%2C%20Major)%20and%20created%20%3E%3D%20startOfDay(-1)

> day
> > > ago

> https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
> > > >

> https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
> > > > >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/ambari/repo?p=ambari.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-1.7.0-rc0

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI/fixforversion/12326546

> > ample
> on
> > > PMCs,

> > --
> > -jun
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Posted by Erin Boyd <eb...@redhat.com>.
+1

> > > Built from source and created a 5 node cluster.
> > >
> > > On Friday, November 21, 2014, Alejandro Fernandez <
> alejandro@apache.org>

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.md5
> > > >

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sha
> > > >

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sig
> > > >
> > http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz

> > > alejandro@apache.org

> > > received
> > be
> the
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20status%20%3D%20resolved%20AND%20resolution%20IN%20(Fixed%2C%20Done%2C%20Implemented)

> > > created
> > I'm
> > finding
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20priority%20in%20(Blocker%2C%20Critical%2C%20Major)%20and%20created%20%3E%3D%20startOfDay(-1)

> day
> > > ago

> https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
> > > >

> https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
> > > > >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/ambari/repo?p=ambari.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-1.7.0-rc0

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI/fixforversion/12326546

> > ample
> on
> > > PMCs,

> > --
> > -jun
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Posted by Jonathan Hurley <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 for 1.7.0
On Nov 22, 2014 1:54 AM, "Jaimin Jetly" <ja...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> +1 for the 1.7.0 release candidate.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jaimin Jetly
>

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 10:11 PM, jun aoki <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > +1 Great work!
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Ravi Mutyala <rm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > +1 (non binding)
> > >
> > > Built from source and created a 5 node cluster.
> > >
> > > On Friday, November 21, 2014, Alejandro Fernandez <
> alejandro@apache.org>

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.md5
> > > >

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sha
> > > >

> http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sig
> > > >
> > http://people.apache.org/~alejandro/ambari-1.7.0-rc0/ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz

> > > alejandro@apache.org

> > > received
> > be
> the
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20status%20%3D%20resolved%20AND%20resolution%20IN%20(Fixed%2C%20Done%2C%20Implemented)

> > > created
> > I'm
> > finding
> > > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.7.0%20AND%20priority%20in%20(Blocker%2C%20Critical%2C%20Major)%20and%20created%20%3E%3D%20startOfDay(-1)

> day
> > > ago

> https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
> > > >

> https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/ff850fc06b23d8ab1b62ccd10265d15c7a27d465
> > > > >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/ambari/repo?p=ambari.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-1.7.0-rc0

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI/fixforversion/12326546

> > ample
> on
> > > PMCs,

> > --
> > -jun
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Posted by Jaimin Jetly <ja...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Posted by jun aoki <ja...@apache.org>.
+1 Great work!

--
-jun

Re: [VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Posted by Ravi Mutyala <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Re: [VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <al...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 for the release.

Mahadev Konar
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > gpg --verify ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz.sig ambari-1.7.0.tar.gz
> >
> > PGP release keys (signed using 392F57AC),
> > http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x392F57AC
> >
> > *Voting process:*
> >
> >    - How long does the voting take?
> >    The voting starts immediately and will last 3 days to provide ample
> >    opportunity for committers in different timezones. It will end on
> > Saturday
> >    22 at 8 pm UTC (equivalent to Saturday noon Pacific Time),
> >    - Who can vote? Committers and Ambari PMC
> >    - What are the voting options?
> >    In order to cast your vote, you must reply-all with one of the
> > following,
> >       - [ ] +1 approve
> >       - [ ] +0 no opinion
> >       - [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >       - What are the requirements to make the release?
> >    After 3 days, we will tally the results; at least three +1s from PMCs,

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Ambari 1.7.0 release

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 for the Ambari 1.7.0 release.