Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/07/13 14:16:22 UTC

[Ws Wiki] Update of "ReportForJul2007" by JohnKaputin

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JohnKaputin:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/ReportForJul2007

The comment on the change is:
Added a report for Wdoen.

  === Miscellaneous ===
  We're looking to add a web-based GUI. After 2.0 is released we'd start work on 3.0 which would support the UDDI v3 specification.

+ = Apache Woden incubator =
+ Woden is an open source Java implementation of the W3C WSDL 2.0 specification.
+
+ === Notable Happenings ===
+ WSDL 2.0 became a W3C Recommendation on 26th June. The Woden WSDL 2.0 implementation has helped the spec working group verify and improve the spec during the CR and PR phases leading up to Recommendation.
+
+ === Legal Issues ===
+  * We are attempting to verify with ASF and IBM whether the appropriate documentation exists that assigns the rights of the initial WSDL4J code contribution to ASF. This is an oustanding item from the project status file.
+  * A license issue has arisen concerning StAX, which Woden uses with its AXIOM implementation. The stax-api-1.0.1.jar file does not contain a license file and the stax.codehause.org website refers to Apache ASL 2.1 which does not exist. The AXIOM project uses ASL 2.0 in its stax-api-LICENSE.txt file, but without knowing the original license it's not clear to us if this jar file can be redistributed under ASL 2.0. We are still investigating.
+
+ === Miscellaneous ===
+
+ Milestone release M8 is planned for end of July and will complete WSDL 2.0 compliance by fully supporting WSDL2 assertions. We are close to proposing that Woden exits incubation, with just 3 remaining items on the project status file to attend to. After M8 we plan to review and finalize the Woden API for a 1.0 release in September. Dan Harvey, a summer intern student from Durham University in UK, has recently joined the team and is working on M8 JIRAs. We expect he will also contribute WSDL2 serialization for the 1.0 release.
+
+
  [1] http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/Axis1%2e5ReleasePlan