Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2018/10/01 12:40:18 UTC

Post-Apachecon volunteers needed

In the days following ApacheCon, I need some folks to step up to do a
few things. Here's a partial list. I'm sure there will be more.

* Update archives.apachecon.com

* Update Apachecon.com site to reflect upcoming events

* Twitter schedule for session recordings - specifically, take the list
of session recordings from http://feathercast.apache.org/, and put them
into a Hootsuite import csv format, or at least into a spreadsheet that
I can turn into one.

* Promote videos of keynotes, and LTs, via social media.

* Create timestamp index of lightning talk video -
https://youtu.be/FTROCvmhXko - with the start of each individual
lightning talk.

Please raise your hand for one of the above tasks, but only if you
actually have time for it. No licked cookies, please.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/

Re: Post-Apachecon volunteers needed

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
Hootsuite is now schedule out through the middle of January, to keep the
event in people's attention until we are ready to announce the next thing.

Thanks!

On 10/8/18 11:11 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Never mind. Figured it out. :)
>
> Thank you so much for taking care of this.
>
> On 10/8/18 11:00 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> This is great. Thank you so much.
>>
>> There's something wonky going on with the Hootsuite sheet - the author
>> field isn't populating correctly. Can you advise?

>>> This is an export from wordpress api (removing workshops, welcome
>>> messages, keynotes) + minor cleanups:
>>>
>>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17kEtaAfYt4Z2VoSHQxrIMjqbXEbNhkGXskY3CSa5q4k/edit?usp=sharing
>>>

>>> 1. Modify the text of the tweet on the 'template' sheet
>>> 2. Change the scheduling at the second sheet

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
Never mind. Figured it out. :)

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
Oops. Still not attached. Possibly stick it in svn somewhere, or
dropbox, or ... something.

On 10/10/18 12:37 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> NOTE: Couldn't send the PSD to the list, it restricted to 1mb.
>
> Sorry, is this the  http://apache.org/events/README and the need for
> images at 125x125 and 234x60?

Yes, that's correct.

> I thought DanielR did that but I think we are criss crossing tasks.
> Attached is the PSD if someone has time to do it before I do.

As soon as it's done, it should be immediately reflected on
http://httpd.apache.org/ (among other places) so it's not done yet.

Also, yeah, I should probably be using the issue tracker for this. I'll
try to do that going forward.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
NOTE: Couldn't send the PSD to the list, it restricted to 1mb.

Sorry, is this the  http://apache.org/events/README and the need for
images at 125x125 and 234x60?

I thought DanielR did that but I think we are criss crossing tasks.
Attached is the PSD if someone has time to do it before I do.

--
Kevin A. McGrail
VP Fundraising, Apache Software Foundation

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Daniel Ruggeri <dr...@primary.net>.
On 2018-10-03 11:00, Rich Bowen wrote:
> So, to update, here's what still needs to be done, and which I could
> really use some volunteer help with:
>

> * Update ApacheCon Wiki - https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/FrontPage
> - to reflect reality. It is three events behind.

This is done.

> * http://archive.apachecon.com/ has a broken image, and the block down
> at the bottom with a listing of a subset of events is just weird.
>
> * Possibly add a section on the front page of apachecon.com with a
> teaser of upcoming events: September 2019 in Las Vegas, Fall 2019 in
> Berlin, Spring 2019 in Chicago

I also added notes about these to the wiki.

> * Update images referenced in http://apache.org/events/README.txt to
> reflect DC roadshow
>
> * Listing of all ApacheCon 2018 FeatherCast episodes in some
> spreadsheet/csv format that we can schedule on Twitter to get some
> more mileage out of these presentations.
>
> Thank you all (especially Shane) who have stepped up to help get this
> stuff done. I'm almost done with the stuff in the list of "Only I can
> do this" and will get to some of the above things ASAP if nobody else
> steps up.
>
> --Rich
>

> On 10/1/18 8:40 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> In the days following ApacheCon, I need some folks to step up to do a
>> few things. Here's a partial list. I'm sure there will be more.
>>

>> * Update archives.apachecon.com
>>
>> * Update Apachecon.com site to reflect upcoming events
>>
>> * Twitter schedule for session recordings - specifically, take the
>> list of session recordings from http://feathercast.apache.org/, and
>> put them into a Hootsuite import csv format, or at least into a
>> spreadsheet that I can turn into one.
>>
>> * Promote videos of keynotes, and LTs, via social media.
>>
>> * Create timestamp index of lightning talk video -
>> https://youtu.be/FTROCvmhXko - with the start of each individual
>> lightning talk.
>>
>> Please raise your hand for one of the above tasks, but only if you
>> actually have time for it. No licked cookies, please.

--
Daniel Ruggeri

Re: Post-Apachecon volunteers needed

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
Rich Bowen wrote on 10/1/18 8:40 AM:
> In the days following ApacheCon, I need some folks to step up to do a
> few things. Here's a partial list. I'm sure there will be more.
>

> * Update archives.apachecon.com

Done: Added ACNA18 details.

> * Update Apachecon.com site to reflect upcoming events

Done: Index now points to DC Roadshow.  Homepage points to DC Roadshow
registration and notes ACNA18 was a smashing success.

> * Twitter schedule for session recordings - specifically, take the list
> of session recordings from http://feathercast.apache.org/, and put them
> into a Hootsuite import csv format, or at least into a spreadsheet that
> I can turn into one.
>
> * Promote videos of keynotes, and LTs, via social media.
>
> * Create timestamp index of lightning talk video -
> https://youtu.be/FTROCvmhXko - with the start of each individual
> lightning talk.

Shane "Five Things You Might Not Know About Apache" t=147

What we need to know here is:
- mm:ss where each speaker is about to start
- Speaker name and talk title - perhaps Ruth/Daniel have notes from the
sign-up sheet?

Then Rich or someone with admin privs can add description lines like:

(mm:ss) Speaker - Title

that youtube auto-links within the video.

> Please raise your hand for one of the above tasks, but only if you
> actually have time for it. No licked cookies, please.

--

- Shane
  Director & Member
  The Apache Software Foundation

Re: Post-Apachecon volunteers needed

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
I forget the exact sizes but they are documented in
http://apache.org/events/README

So…  looks like we need images at 125x125 and 234x60

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.