Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by eric kong <ui...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/24 09:12:27 UTC

Using Axis without SOAP

  it seems I don't need to understand SOAP at all to use web services

  1) all i need is WSDL file --> generate server side skeletons + client side stub.
  2) call stub to access remote objects / methods
  3) do i have to understand SOAP if i am only user / provider of web services?
  4) since service / client to access service code can generate using WSDL2Java  anyway --> no need to know SOAP at all

  sorry cuz i am a web services newbie =)

  thanks

Re: Using Axis without SOAP

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Sorry -- typo. I meant:

Yes -- assuming you do everything *right* in your WSDL and your code, you
don't ever need to look at the SOAP messages. But if you make a mistake, you
may need to know about SOAP in order to debug the problem. It's also helpful
to understand how SOAP processing works.

Re: Using Axis without SOAP

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.