Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Fang Wong <fw...@salesforce.com> on 2016/01/21 00:50:01 UTC

acks

We are using kafka 0.8.2.1 and set acks to 2, see the following warning:

sent a produce request with request.required.acks of 2, which is now
deprecated and will be removed in next release. Valid values are -1, 0 or
1. Please consult Kafka documentation for supported and recommended
configuration. (kafka.server.KafkaApis)

>From the link below:
http://kafka.apache.org/082/documentation.html#newproducerconfigs

Other settings such as acks=2 are also possible, and will require the given
number of acknowledgements but this is generally less useful.

acks=2 should be allowed, not sure why it gave warning, also what does
acks=-1 mean? Is it different from acks=0?

Thanks,
Fang

Re: acks

Posted by Dana Powers <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fang, take a look at the docs on KIP-1 for some background info on acks
policy:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-1+-+Remove+support+of+request.required.acks

-Dana