Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us> on 2006/09/08 20:58:43 UTC

"svnadmin create" and group sticky bit

When I use "svnadmin create" (v 1.3.2) to create a repo on Linux, and
the directory in which I'm creating the repo has the group sticky bit
set, the "conf", "dav", "hooks", and "locks" directories all have the
group sticky bit properly set as well, but the "db" directory does not.
Is this intentional?

I'd like to be able to allow a non-admin user to create repos that are
read/writable by the "apache" group. If the sticky bits were properly
set, I could set the group sticky bit on the ParentReposPath directory
and each repo he created would have all its files belong to the "apache"
group also. As it stands, this is not possible.

thanks,
toby