Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com> on 2011/12/29 06:50:53 UTC

What is the difference between inSequence and outSequence

Hi

I am somehow successful in doing some simple scenarios in synapse. Document,
Trial & Error method helped the way. What is the use of inSequence and
outSequence. Because while going through the examples, the usage of
inSequence and outSequence confusing me .

Help me out.

Regards
Guru

Re: What is the difference between inSequence and outSequence

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Gnanaguru S <
gnanaguru.sattanathan@wipro.com> wrote:

> Hi  Hiranya,
>
> Thanks for your reply. So if am creating a scenario as follows,
> VFS->JMS->XSLT->JMS->VFS . Then this whole flow can be in inSequence
> itself.
> Am i right ?.

If the JMS endpoint is sending a response which should go through the XSLT,
that message will naturally go into the out-sequence.

Thanks,
Hiranya

> Regards
> Guru
>

> Hiranya Jayathilaka-3 wrote:
> >
> > In sequence is for mediating requests (from the client) and the out
> > sequence is for mediating responses (from the backend service).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Hiranya
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Gnanaguru S <
> > gnanaguru.sattanathan@wipro.com> wrote:
> >

> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I am somehow successful in doing some simple scenarios in synapse.
> >> Document,
> >> Trial & Error method helped the way. What is the use of inSequence and
> >> outSequence. Because while going through the examples, the usage of
> >> inSequence and outSequence confusing me .
> >>
> >> Help me out.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Guru
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Hiranya Jayathilaka
> > Associate Technical Lead;
> > WSO2 Inc.;  http://wso2.org
> > E-mail: hiranya@wso2.com;  Mobile: +94 77 633 3491
> > Blog: http://techfeast-hiranya.blogspot.com

Hiranya Jayathilaka
Associate Technical Lead;
WSO2 Inc.;  http://wso2.org

Re: What is the difference between inSequence and outSequence

Posted by Gnanaguru S <gn...@wipro.com>.
Hi  Hiranya,

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
In sequence is for mediating requests (from the client) and the out
sequence is for mediating responses (from the backend service).

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Gnanaguru S <
gnanaguru.sattanathan@wipro.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am somehow successful in doing some simple scenarios in synapse.
> Document,
> Trial & Error method helped the way. What is the use of inSequence and
> outSequence. Because while going through the examples, the usage of
> inSequence and outSequence confusing me .
>
> Help me out.
>
> Regards
> Guru

Hiranya Jayathilaka