Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by David R Robison <dr...@openroadsconsulting.com> on 2008/11/10 23:03:45 UTC

Size of session cache

Is there a convenient way to tell the size of user's session cache? David

--

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.

This e-mail communication (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged material intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should immediately stop reading this message and delete it from all computers that it resides on. Any unauthorized reading, distribution, copying or other use of this communication (or its attachments) is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately.

Re: Question on PageMap

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
> I am not sure what the default is set to
Look at the constructors of DiskPageStore.

> My end goal is to try and squeeze more performance out of my application.
If that is your goal you are on the wrong track. The disk store is a
rotating logging based, mostly write-only store. Logging based as new
content is written sequentially from start to end of the file, rotated
because when the file is full it starts at byte 0 thereby overwriting
old pages. It is mostly write-only as only when a user presses the back
button data may be read back from the page store.

Early removal of data will only mean more disk-head movements making it
slower instead of faster.

Regards,
    Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten

Question on PageMap

Re: Size of session cache

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
See:

/**
     * Creates a new {@link DiskPageStore} instance.
     *
     * @param maxSizePerPagemap
     *            the maximum size of pagemap file (in bytes)
     * @param maxSizePerSession
     *            the maximum size of session (in bytes)
     * @param fileChannelPoolCapacity
     *            the maximum number of concurrently opened files (higher
number improves
     *            performance under heavy load).
     *
     */
    public DiskPageStore(int maxSizePerPagemap, int maxSizePerSession, int
fileChannelPoolCapacity)
    {
        this(getDefaultFileStoreFolder(), maxSizePerPagemap,
maxSizePerSession,
            fileChannelPoolCapacity);
    }

Re: Size of session cache