Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vivek Krishna <vi...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/22 22:00:04 UTC

Using split command in shell

The command is `split table or region row`

How to find what the region row is?  I tried the ones shown in node:60030
webpage. Does not work.

Viv

Re: Using split command in shell

Posted by Suraj Varma <sv...@gmail.com>.
It is the full region name - something like this:
TestTable,0000262335,1300510101703.372a66d40705a4f2338b0219767602d3.

If you go to the master web UI and click on the table name and you
will see all the regions for that table. It is the string under Table
Regions / Name column.

The other thing is: this operation is async. So, the split command
will return almost immediately and the split operation is done async
... so, it may not reflect on your screen immediately.

I suspect that your "asdf" string showing split regions is just a
previous correct split operation succeeding asynchronously (i.e. cause
& effect confusion ...)

--Suraj

Posted by Vivek Krishna <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Vivek Krishna <vi...@gmail.com>.
when I type

`split region_name`,     I don't know what to use as region name?  I tried
entering the region name as seen in nodeName:60030 webpage, it does not
split the region.

It outputs it completed in 1.234 seconds, but nothing happens.

What ever I type as region_name, it outputs completed in 1.x seconds and
nothing happens.

Viv

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.