Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Francesc Guasch <fr...@etsetb.upc.edu> on 2005/11/22 16:52:45 UTC

Re: [mp2] Apache::VMonitor ap_scoreboard_image doesn't exist

En/na Malcolm J Harwood ha escrit:
> On Tuesday 22 November 2005 07:30 am, Francesc Guasch wrote:
>>I'm trying to use Apache::Monitor with mod_perl2, but
>>it fails to load it. I changed some code because it
>>didn't detected it was running inside mod_perl2 ,but
>>I'm unable to fix it more.
> Does "make test" give you any other errors?

Hi Malcolm, thank you for answering my question.

That's all I get once I fix the mp2 version check:

[error] ap_scoreboard_image doesn't exist at
/usr/local/web20/.cpan/build/Apache-VMonitor-2.05/blib/lib/Apache/VMonitor.pm
line 42.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/web20/.cpan/build/Apache-VMonitor-2.05/blib/lib/Apache/VMonitor.pm
line 44.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 3) line 3.

> Do you have mod_status installed?
I think it is, typing "httpd -l | grep status", I get:
   mod_status.c

 > Do you have 'ExtendedStatus On' in your
> httpd.config?

yes

>>These are the versions of some modules. I installed apache,
>>perl and mod_perl from sources.
>>
>>    httpd-2.0.55
>>    perl-5.8.7
>>
>>    APR::Pool         0.009000
>>    Apache-Scoreboard 2.08
>>    libapreq2         2.06-dev
>>    mod_perl          2.0.2
> Which version of Apache::VMonitor are you using?

I'm sorry I missed I'm using:

       Apache::VMonitor  2.05

Re: [mp2] Apache::VMonitor ap_scoreboard_image doesn't exist

Posted by Francesc Guasch <fr...@etsetb.upc.edu>.
En/na Malcolm J Harwood ha escrit:
> On Friday 25 November 2005 05:08 am, Francesc Guasch wrote:

> I'm not sure VMonitor will help you there. What stats were you expecting to
> get out of it? Apache::Status might be useful.

I'm not sure, I recall using VMonitor long time ago.
I think one of the modules is being nasty with memory.
I'll try Apache::Status.

> Does it work under the stock apache/mod_perl that debian provides? If so, it's
> probably an issue with your apache build.
>
> Try explictly enabling mod_status (--enable_status) and/or disabling dynamic

Thank you very much for your help Malcolm. I'll try your
advices.

Re: [mp2] Apache::VMonitor ap_scoreboard_image doesn't exist

Posted by Malcolm J Harwood <mj...@liminalflux.net>.

> >>There seems to be something wrong with your apache build then. It's
> >> claiming it does not have scoreboard support.
> >>
> >>Is this a distribution supplied install or a self compiled one? What OS
> >> are you running on?
> >
> > I built it myself, this is a linux debian stable (sarge)
> >
> > ./configure --enable-ssl --enable-rewrite --with-ldap --enable-ldap
> > --enable-auth-ldap --prefix=$HOME/apache
>
> I'm still clueless about this and I need to use VMonitor
> so I can find out why my httpd process grows at each request.

I'm scratching my head somewhat. I don't have a debian box to try it on that
environment.

I'm not sure VMonitor will help you there. What stats were you expecting to
get out of it? Apache::Status might be useful.

> Is it offtopic? Maybe it's not perl related and I should post
> in an apache list or group ?

It's borderline. Maybe we should take it offlist (unless someone else has a
suggestion on this thread).

> Is there something else I can do to check my httpd ?

Does it work under the stock apache/mod_perl that debian provides? If so, it's
probably an issue with your apache build.

Try explictly enabling mod_status (--enable_status) and/or disabling dynamic
libraries so apache it statically linked - you'll need to statically link
mod-perl too in that case, instructions are in the docs on the website, but I
probably help if you get stuck.

--
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a
miracle.  The other is as if everything is.

Re: [mp2] Apache::VMonitor ap_scoreboard_image doesn't exist

Posted by Francesc Guasch <fr...@etsetb.upc.edu>.
En/na Francesc Guasch ha escrit:

Posted by Francesc Guasch <fr...@etsetb.upc.edu>.

> There seems to be something wrong with your apache build then. It's claiming
> it does not have scoreboard support.

I changed httpd.conf , ScoreBoard File was inside IfModules,
I moved it out of it but it won't create any scoreboard file.

Posted by Malcolm J Harwood <mj...@liminalflux.net>.
On Tuesday 22 November 2005 10:52 am, Francesc Guasch wrote:

> >>I'm trying to use Apache::Monitor with mod_perl2, but
> >>it fails to load it. I changed some code because it
> >>didn't detected it was running inside mod_perl2 ,but
> >>I'm unable to fix it more.
> >
> > Does "make test" give you any other errors?
>
> Hi Malcolm, thank you for answering my question.
>
> That's all I get once I fix the mp2 version check:
>
> [error] ap_scoreboard_image doesn't exist at
> /usr/local/web20/.cpan/build/Apache-VMonitor-2.05/blib/lib/Apache/VMonitor.
>pm line 42.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /usr/local/web20/.cpan/build/Apache-VMonitor-2.05/blib/lib/Apache/VMonitor.
>pm line 44.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 3) line 3.

There seems to be something wrong with your apache build then. It's claiming
it does not have scoreboard support.

Is this a distribution supplied install or a self compiled one? What OS are
you running on?

> >>These are the versions of some modules. I installed apache,
> >>perl and mod_perl from sources.
> >>
> >>    httpd-2.0.55
> >>    perl-5.8.7
> >>
> >>    APR::Pool         0.009000
> >>    Apache-Scoreboard 2.08
> >>    libapreq2         2.06-dev
> >>    mod_perl          2.0.2
>        Apache::VMonitor  2.05

That all looks good.

--
"We see the world not as it is, but as we are."