Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by George Ludwig <ge...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/16 00:48:49 UTC

Making grid sort case insensitive?

The default sorting for a text field in a grid is case sensitive, i.e. a
lower case 'a' comes after upper case 'Z' and punctuation.

How can I make it casein-sensitive, so characters are treated the same
regardless of case?

I went poking around and couldn't find anything...

Re: Making grid sort case insensitive?

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 21:48:49 -0200, George Ludwig <ge...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The default sorting for a text field in a grid is case sensitive, i.e. a
> lower case 'a' comes after upper case 'Z' and punctuation.
> How can I make it casein-sensitive, so characters are treated the same
> regardless of case?
> I went poking around and couldn't find anything...

You'll need to provide your own GriDataSource implementation. There, you
can implement sorting any way you want.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo