Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Fred Zhang <Fr...@800best.com> on 2007/12/14 10:10:38 UTC

how to set subversion authentication information into settings.xml (instead of writing it into project pom)

Hi there,
I'm working on configuring maven-scm plugin to use maven to do daily update/commit jobs.

A problem is that I don't want to write my authentication information (username/password) into the project pom file (otherwise it will be shared through subversion). Neither want I use subversion "cached password" mechanism. I found some web-pages said that the svn repository server information (with username/password) could be written in settings.xml as following:
<servers>
       <server>
              <id>http://svnrepo.my.com/svn/project/trunk</id>
              <username>username</username>
              <password>password</password>
       </server>
</servers>
And in project pom, just write
       <scm>
           <connection>scm:svn:http://svnrepo.my.com/svn/project/trunk</connection>
           <url>http://svnrepo.my.com/svn/project/trunk</url>
       </scm>

Then the mvn scm:update should work.

I tried. But I still got authentication failure.

Is there any way to make it?

Thanks in advance.

Fred

Re: how to set subversion authentication information into settings.xml (instead of writing it into project pom)

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Of course when you use release:prepare release:perform it will publish your
username and password in the pom.xml that gets tagged