Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mouttet Christian <Ch...@keller-verlag.de> on 2003/06/23 15:47:49 UTC

war:war generates ${pom.artifactId}.war

Hi all,

can someone tell me why the war:war goal builds a WAR file named ${pom.artifactId}.war?
I expected ${maven.final.name}.war as name like jar:jar builds JAR files.

In plugin.jelly of the war-plugin there is ${maven.war.final.name} defined. But its value equals to ${pom.artifactId}.

cu

-Chris

Re: war:war generates ${pom.artifactId}.war

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@caltha.pl>.
Mouttet Christian wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> can someone tell me why the war:war goal builds a WAR file named
> ${pom.artifactId}.war? I expected ${maven.final.name}.war as name
> like jar:jar builds JAR files.

Unfortunately war plugin is much unlike jar plugin... Michal is working
ATM to bring the deploy/snaphost functionality to the war plugin,
because it din't have it to date.

> In plugin.jelly of the war-plugin there is ${maven.war.final.name}
> defined. But its value equals to ${pom.artifactId}.

Certain developers prefer to have it versionless. I think it's a bad
idea - the artifact should be generated versioned, for the purpose
of installing it to the local repo / deploying to the remote repos.
It just does not make sense to have unversioned artifacts in the
repository.

If a plugin needs to have a war file with no version information in the
name for bundling/running/whatever it could always make a copy.

R.