Posted to user@spark.apache.org by unk1102 <um...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/21 09:12:14 UTC

How to avoid empty unavoidable group by keys in DataFrame?

Hi I have Spark job which does group by and I cant avoid it because of my use
case. I have large dataset around 1 TB which I need to process/update in
DataFrame. Now my jobs shuffles huge data and slows things because of
shuffling and groupby. One reason I see is my data is skew some of my group
by keys are empty. How do I avoid empty group by keys in DataFrame? Does
DataFrame avoid empty group by key? I have around 8 keys on which I do group
by.

sourceFrame.select("blabla").groupby("col1","col2","col3",..."col8").agg("bla
bla");