Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com> on 2003/12/14 03:47:52 UTC

PATCH: cancel before doing something, not afterwards [was: Re: ctrl-c does not work before certificate check resp. everything is locked]

This patch makes the cancellation check happen before doing something, rather than afterwards.  Currently there is a mixture of before and after.  I believe it is appropriate regardless of whether it fixes this particular reported annoyance.  Anyone prepared to vote for it?  (I am running regression tests and will of course check that it passes.)

solo turn wrote:
> it seems, that ctrl-c does not work before the certificate is checked. and it may take some time
> till the whole working copy is locked and THEN the certificate check occurs (even if it should be
> rare, that you have a mixed working copy with parts from different servers):
>
>  $ svn up
> ^CError validating server certificate for 'https://svn.collab.net:443':
>  - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
[...]
> (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p
> svn: caught SIGINT

Solo, does this patch fix this case?  (I don't have https set up to test this.)

- Julian

Re: PATCH: cancel before doing something, not afterwards [was: Re: ctrl-c does not work before certificate check resp. everything is locked]

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Sander Roobol wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 03:47:52AM +0000, Julian Foad wrote:
>
>>This patch makes the cancellation check happen before doing something,
>>rather than afterwards.  Currently there is a mixture of before and after.
[...]
> This patch hasn't been applied yet. Want me to file an issue?

Yes, please - unless anyone can give the thumbs up (or down) right now.

- Julian