Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Ryan Powers <po...@iquest.net> on 1999/02/24 16:39:53 UTC

os-windows/3961: Cannot execute secondary DOS commands

>Number:         3961
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Cannot execute secondary DOS commands
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical

My servlet executes a filePro executable which generates HTML documents.
This works fine 90% of the time.
In some situations we have to be able to execute DOS commands from
within the filePro processing, but these commands, such as "copy" are
not run due to some type of limitation within the command shell.
We can run the process from the command line, but the servlet does
not seem to allow the process to execute its own DOS commands.
>How-To-Repeat:

Runtime.getRuntime().exec("yourexe")
Where yourexec fires DOS commands.
>Fix:

There should at least be an exception thrown if the process fails to
execute a sub-process. Any type of de-bug info would help.