Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Hudson <gh...@MIT.EDU> on 2004/07/04 15:41:55 UTC

Re: svn commit: propchange - r10133 - svn:log

On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 11:12, jpieper@tigris.org wrote:
>   (svn_path_canonicalize): Replaced old implementation with new that
>     uses nearly identical logic to large portions of
>     apr_filepath_merge.  It differs from apr_filepath_merge in that it
>     handles URLs properly and does not access the OSs filesystem in
>     any way.

The only reference to the OS filesystem I could find in
apr_filepath_merge() is in the if (!rootpath) clause.  So I still don't
see why you couldn't use apr_filepath_merge(&newpath, "", path, ...)
after skipping past the URL portion in order to implement the new
svn_path_canonicalize.

Re: svn commit: propchange - r10133 - svn:log

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Greg Hudson wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 11:12, jpieper@tigris.org wrote:
>

>>  (svn_path_canonicalize): Replaced old implementation with new that
>>    uses nearly identical logic to large portions of
>>    apr_filepath_merge.  It differs from apr_filepath_merge in that it
>>    handles URLs properly and does not access the OSs filesystem in
>>    any way.
>>

>The only reference to the OS filesystem I could find in
>apr_filepath_merge() is in the if (!rootpath) clause.  So I still don't
>see why you couldn't use apr_filepath_merge(&newpath, "", path, ...)
>after skipping past the URL portion in order to implement the new
>svn_path_canonicalize.

Because apr_filepath_merge is OS-specific, Windows has a completely
different implementation than Unix.

-- Brane