Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2017/11/11 15:56:30 UTC

gitpubsub

On 09/11/17 20:51, Bruno P. Kinoshita wrote:
> However, I'm +1 for moving our site to Git.

What changes if we go for gitpubsub?

All I know about it is the bullet point on
https://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html.

If I read that right, no CMS because CMS is svnpubsub only.  Is it a
"big bang" switch to Jekyll? That isn't too scary but it is a step-change.

One thing we do benefit from currently is content fixes via CMS - we may
have to change that. I guess there is no jena.staging.a.o? It becomes
local Jekyll build?

A project can have more then one git repo so I guess we can choose
whether to use the main repo or not.  Our site .svn is 2.2G (probably
all those javadoc changes). Or a separate repo git-include-submodule in
the main one?

     Andy

Re: gitpubsub

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>.
>Bruno (or anyone), do you know if it would be possible to publish site changes for review out of Apache CI? (Something like the way we can set up to get built artifacts from branches of the codebase without actually releasing them.)
Might be worth checking with INFRA if we request it, or even in that IRC-like channel they use (always forget its name). It would be an interesting feature.
>Is it okay with respect to Apache policy to only import the current state of the site to Git (iow to leave behind that massive accumulation of Javadocs), or do we need to maintain a complete history on whatever infrastructure we use?
As far as I can tell, it varies from components. Some release the latest javadocs, others a few past releases, others one release only. It might be useful for other users to have previous releases, but when working on projects with older versions of a library, I normally rely on Eclipse + open implementation shortcut to look at the docs.

Bruno (or anyone), do you know if it would be possible to publish site changes for review out of Apache CI? (Something like the way we can set up to get built artifacts from branches of the codebase without actually releasing them.)

Is it okay with respect to Apache policy to only import the current state of the site to Git (iow to leave behind that massive accumulation of Javadocs), or do we need to maintain a complete history on whatever infrastructure we use?

ajs6f

Re: gitpubsub

Posted by ajs6f <aj...@apache.org>.

Re: gitpubsub