Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com> on 2017/03/20 12:40:34 UTC

Fwd: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.0 (RC3)

There's an RC of Hadoop 2.8.0 out for people to build and test against. This is the last chance for people to find problems and complain before it gets out the door

Spark happily builds against it. my tests all work. For anyone wanting to do the build, the maven arguments are: -Phive,yarn,hadoop-2.7 -Dhadoop.version=2.8.0 -Psnapshots-and-staging

One thing I would be curious about is how well things work on Windows, especially how informative it is if things like winutils.exe can't be found. Previous versions: stack trace on startup, even if not relevant, and meaningless text on use. With HADOOP-10775, stack traces should be postponed until point of use, and error text including a ref to : https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/WindowsProblems <https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/WindowsProblems>

I would really like to know how well that works for people.

Here's the win 64 native binaries to go with the ASF artifacts; built off the same commit
https://github.com/steveloughran/winutils/releases/tag/hadoop-2.8.0-RC3 <https://github.com/steveloughran/winutils/releases/tag/hadoop-2.8.0-RC3>