Posted to user@struts.apache.org by hezjing <he...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/19 14:44:36 UTC

Struts 2 + Spring 2 + DAO + Hibernate

Hi!

What is the difference between a Model object and DAO?

In "Struts 2 + Spring 2 + JPA + AJAX" tutorial, we have an annotated
quickstart.model.Person class.

Do we still require Person class say, if we create a PersonDao?

I'm trying to figure out how to implement "Struts 2 + Spring 2 + DAO +
Hibernate".

--

Hez

Re: Struts 2 + Spring 2 + DAO + Hibernate

Posted by hezjing <he...@gmail.com>.
I found this article very useful:

Developing J2EE Applications Using Hibernate Annotations and Spring MVC
http://www.developer.com/java/ent/article.php/10933_3577101_1

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- hezjing <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the difference between a Model object and
> DAO?

DAOs get models. (Hmm, I think I need a DAO t-shirt
now--maybe it'll help.)

> Do we still require Person class say, if we create a
> PersonDao?

Yes. The Person class is the "thing" being represented
in the database. The DAO (may also be called a
"service", as in that article) operates on/with its
associated model.

(At least in my experience this is how it generally
works.)

d.