Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nicolas Rod <co...@alaxos.com> on 2004/12/07 14:03:32 UTC

jdbc problem in a custom generator

Hi,

I'm quite new to cocoon and I'm trying to make a jdbc connection in a
custom generator but I always get this error which can be found in the
sitemap.log: 'java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver'

Here's the code I use in my generator:

    Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
    Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, username, password);

I also tried with:

    DriverManager.registerDriver (new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
    Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, username, password);

Both codes give me the same error.

If I try to instanciate the OracleDriver like the following code, the
debug shows me "od isn't 'null'", meaning the driver class is found.

OracleDriver od = new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver();
if(od==null)
     getLogger().debug("od is 'null'");
else
     getLogger().debug("od isn't 'null'");

The driver class is loaded in the web.xml, as I know it has to be.

If I use the same code in simple Java class, out of cocoon, it connects
without any problem.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens ?

Thanks,
Nicolas

Re: jdbc problem in a custom generator

Posted by Nicolas Rod <co...@alaxos.com>.
Hi Ugo,

Thanks a lot, you pointed exactly my mistake. The error message made me
think it was a driver related problem. For this reason, I didn't double
check the url... which was malformed...

Thanks for the precision regarding the cocoon.xconf as well.

Posted by Ugo Cei <ug...@apache.org>.

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/

Re: jdbc problem in a custom generator

Posted by Christoph Kliemt <ch...@entici.de>.
Nicolas Rod <co...@alaxos.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm quite new to cocoon and I'm trying to make a jdbc connection in a
> custom generator but I always get this error which can be found in the
> sitemap.log: 'java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver'

run the java vm with -verbose:class an see if the driver gets loaded.

hth

christoph