Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mary Dosch <m....@yahoo.com> on 2008/07/16 20:32:51 UTC

TestSampleServlet, Cactus 1.8, NetBeans 6.5M1 and Tomcat 5.5.23 Success

Hi,
I was able to get the cactus example from http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/howto_tomcat.html working with just a few deviations.
0) I followed the directions from the page above.
1) The quickstart guide has a different list of jars than what I see after unpacking the 1.8 download.  I copied all of the jars to %TOMCAT_HOME%\common\lib.
2) I needed to find and download commons-coded-1.3.jar.  I put it in the same common\lib directory.
3) I needed to find find and download aspectjtools.jar..  I used http://www.docjars.com/ I put it in the common\lib directory.
With NetBeans, I didn't do anything special.  I created a web application and I put the example files in src/java/. NetBeans might complain about putting the files in the default package but it ran anyway.  I set the Relative URL to ServletTestRunner?suite=TestSampleServlet