Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ralph Goers <Ra...@digitalinsight.com> on 2003/11/20 00:25:22 UTC

map:redirect-to and error handling

I tried putting a map:redirect-to in my error handling section and got an
error processing the sitemap saying that it isn't allowed?  Anybody know
why?  However, the documentation on error handling shows an example using a
(presumably) fictional action as <map:act type="redirect"> and warning to do
this carefully.

We have a desire to use exception handling to direct alternate flows but are
looking for the "proper" way to do this.

Ralph Goers

Re: map:redirect-to and error handling

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
Ralph Goers wrote:
> I tried putting a map:redirect-to in my error handling section and got an
> error processing the sitemap saying that it isn't allowed?  Anybody know
> why?

There were hard discussions about it:

And as you can see with no real result.

>  However, the documentation on error handling shows an example using a
> (presumably) fictional action as <map:act type="redirect"> and warning to do
> this carefully.

Can you tell me where exactly this can be found?

> We have a desire to use exception handling to direct alternate flows but are
> looking for the "proper" way to do this.

Can you be a bit more explicite?

Joerg

--
System Development