Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kshitij tyagi <ks...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/06 09:16:18 UTC

Solr background merge in case of pull replicas

Hi,

I am having a  tlog + pull replica solr cloud setup.

1. I am observing that whenever background segment merge is triggered
automatically, i see high response time on all of my solr nodes.

As far as I know merges must be happening on tlog and hence the increase
response time, i am not able to understand that why my pull replicas are
affected during background index merges.

Can someone give some insights on this? What is affecting my pull replicas
during index merges?

Regards,
kshitij

Re: Solr background merge in case of pull replicas

Posted by Abhishek Mishra <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kshitij

What I can guess over here. Pull replicas replicate segments from tlog, so
whenever merge happens on tlog it will decrease the number of segments
which is more than ideal case(i.e. adding a new segment). Afaik
adding/deleting the segment is kind of a stop the world moment. This can be
the reason for the increase in response time.

Regards,
Abhishek

Posted by kshitij tyagi <ks...@gmail.com>.
Hi,