Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andi Reinbrech <AR...@multichoice.co.za> on 2004/02/16 13:58:14 UTC

Please help with CLASSPATH problem

Hi, this problem behaves differently under 4.1 and 5.0.18, but I can't use
*either*.

When I run Tomcat 5.0.18 from the command prompt, the app works 100%.  It is
supposed to pick up a file called "emapi.cfg" and "licenses.txt" from the
CLASSPATH.  "emapi.cfg" works int .\axis\WEB-INF\classes, but "licenses.txt"
doesn't.  However, leaving "licenses.txt" in the bin\ folder and starting
Tomcat *from* that folder it works fine.  Running Tomcat 5 as a service
doesn't pick up "licenses.txt" although the working dir is set to be bin\.

In the bin\ folder I also need a load of *.dtd files to validate XML

Now to Tomcat 4.1:  Everything works as a service, including picking up the
"licenses.txt", but now it refuses to resolve the *.dtds.  I get a SAX
Parser error that the URI can't be relative.  This is a bogus error though,
as I can remove all the *dtds and the error stays the same.

Can someone PLEASE help me either fix EITHER one of these problems, or
please refer me to an alternative server to use.
org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer works like a charm, but not
as a service, and shouldn't be used as a production server.

Thanks in advance,
Andi

Everything in this e-mail and attachments relating to the official business of MultiChoice Africa is proprietary to
the company. Any view or opinion expressed in this message may be the view of the individual and should not automatically
be ascribed to the company.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or
copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by email, facsimile
or telephone and destroy the original message.