Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sridhar Raman <sr...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/11 11:14:45 UTC

jackrabbit version to fix lucene 2.0 AND concurrent modification???

Which jackrabbit version is going to accommodate both the fix for lucene 2.0,
and the concurrent node modification problem?

Our project is in a state where I need lucene 2.0 (which I managed to make
work by applying the appropriate patch on jackrabbit v1.1). Now, when I run
multiple sessions, I face the concurrent node modification problem
(JCR-584). What do I do now?

Is there any version of jackrabbit release imminent that would fix both the
issues? Or do I need to do more patching?

Thanks,
Sridhar

Re: jackrabbit version to fix lucene 2.0 AND concurrent modification???

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 12/11/06, Cédric Damioli <ce...@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> BTW, I'm wondering if "issues" such as JCR-134 could be included in the
> release.

Looking at the JCR-134 history, it was originally created a long time
ago and targeted for 1.0 already last year. However, no progress was
made on the issue and after first postponing it to 1.1 I finally
dropped it from the release plans altogether due to lack of interest.

Please vote or comment on the issue to raise the priority.
Contributions are also welcome!

> In a more general way, taking such needs into account would provide a
> low-level administrative API, which is IMHO the only big area not
> (partially-)covered by Jackrabbit.

I very much agree. There's been increasing interest towards
administrative features (see for example JCR-442 and JCR-599), and I
believe that with the increasing levels of end user feedback since the
1.0 release we will be seeing definite improvements in this area
during the next year.

PS. Thanks for the feedback, the comments are very valuable in release planning!

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: jackrabbit version to fix lucene 2.0 AND concurrent modification???

Posted by Cédric Damioli <ce...@anyware-tech.com>.
BTW, I'm wondering if "issues" such as JCR-134 could be included in the
release.
In a more general way, taking such needs into account would provide a
low-level administrative API, which is IMHO the only big area not
(partially-)covered by Jackrabbit.

What do others think ?

Regards,
Cédric

--
Cédric Damioli
ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES

Re: jackrabbit version to fix lucene 2.0 AND concurrent modification???

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,