Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com> on 2006/12/14 01:06:25 UTC

FuzzyOCR Plugin question

I hope someone here can help, I've looked at the FuzzyOCR wiki and
can't seem to find an answer..

Is there a way to feed a GIF to FuzzyOCR and 'see' the output ?

ie let's say I have a GIF which has "THIS STOCK WILL EXPLODE
TOMORROW!" but there's some background noise to attempt to obfuscate it.

Is there a command line to feed FuzzyOCR a gif / jpg and output to a
text file or screen?

I guess I could e-mail myself the GIF, but looking for a simpler way.

Thanks.

Evan

RE: FuzzyOCR Plugin question

Posted by Nigel Kendrick <su...@petdoctors.co.uk>.

> I hope someone here can help, I've looked at the FuzzyOCR wiki and
> can't seem to find an answer..
>
> Is there a way to feed a GIF to FuzzyOCR and 'see' the output ?

Not quite - but you can go through some of the process manually - have a
read here (especially step 10):

https://secure.renaissoft.com/maia/wiki/FuzzyOCR23

Re: FuzzyOCR Plugin question

Posted by René Berber <r....@computer.org>.
Evan Platt wrote:

> I hope someone here can help, I've looked at the FuzzyOCR wiki and can't
> seem to find an answer..
>
> Is there a way to feed a GIF to FuzzyOCR and 'see' the output ?

No.  FuzzyOcr is a plugin not a standalone application, if you want to test a
gif or other image you have to run the scanset yourself and see the output which
is not the same thing, since the real operation takes that output into to the
fuzzy string recognition (the only "fuzzy" part about FuzzyOcr).
--
René Berber