Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Philip Parzygnat <ph...@live.com> on 2020/09/08 01:34:21 UTC

Help Wanted Inquiry

Dear Open Office,
I am a computer scientist with MA in the field. I have limited professional experience in open source projects. I would like to assist the Open Office team in some way. I reviewed the Easy section of the help wanted posting. I am reaching out to see which tasks you need help with. I have experience with Foundation Email. My ultimate goal in helping with the Open Office project is to become more familiar with developing using C/C++, however, before working on these more difficult tasks, I though selecting something from Easy and then Medium will be the right course of action. I can also fill the role of a technical writer in the Medium section after getting some work done in the Easy section. As a note, I have a very busy schedule so hopefully work can be done as time permits.
Thank you,
Philip Parzygnat

Philip Parzygnat
W: http://linkedin.com/in/pparzygnat <http://linkedin.com/in/pparzygnat>
M: 1 (347) 435-8873

Re: Help Wanted Inquiry

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 9/7/2020 9:34 PM, Philip Parzygnat wrote:
> Dear Open Office,
> I am a computer scientist with MA in the field. I have limited professional experience in open source projects. I would like to assist the Open Office team in some way. I reviewed the Easy section of the help wanted posting. I am reaching out to see which tasks you need help with. I have experience with Foundation Email. My ultimate goal in helping with the Open Office project is to become more familiar with developing using C/C++, however, before working on these more difficult tasks, I though selecting something from Easy and then Medium will be the right course of action. I can also fill the role of a technical writer in the Medium section after getting some work done in the Easy section. As a note, I have a very busy schedule so hopefully work can be done as time permits.
> Thank you,
> Philip Parzygnat
>
> Philip Parzygnat
> W: http://linkedin.com/in/pparzygnat <http://linkedin.com/in/pparzygnat>
> M: 1 (347) 435-8873

Welcome to the project Phillip. When you are ready we certainly could
use your help as a tech writer as well.

Regards
Keith