Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net> on 2015/03/04 04:27:55 UTC

StAX Events - registered by default?

Hello,

I noticed that since 2.10 Xerces-J will ship and register
implementations for StAX Event classes. I can see that this is a first
step to provide a full StAX Parser/Serializer. But until then I wonder
what can be done with those events?

It currently creates the situation that the default
XMLInput/OutputFactories are configured to use the Oracle defaults and
the Event Factory uses the Xerces brand. Is this really the best idea
to register one without the other?

> "%JAVA_1_8_HOME%\bin\java" -cp target\java-xml-test-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar;.m2\repository\xerces\xercesImpl\2.11.0\xercesImpl-2.11.0.jar net.eckenfels.test.xml.XMLInfoMain

XMLInputFactory   = com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLInputFactoryImpl
   Java Runtime Environment/1.8.0_31 @ 1.8.0_31
javax.xml.stream.allocator               = null
javax.xml.stream.isCoalescing            = false
javax.xml.stream.isNamespaceAware        = true
javax.xml.stream.isReplacingEntityReferences = true
javax.xml.stream.isSupportingExternalEntities = true
javax.xml.stream.isValidating            = false
javax.xml.stream.reporter                = null
javax.xml.stream.resolver                = null
javax.xml.stream.supportDTD              = true

XMLEventFactory = org.apache.xerces.stax.XMLEventFactoryImpl
    null/null @ null

SAXParserFactory  = org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
    null/null @ null
isNamespaceAware                         = false
isValidating                             = false
isXIncludeAware                          = false
http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/feature/secure-processing = false

DocumentBuilderF  = org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
    null/null @ null

Xerces: Xerces-J 2.11.0 org.apache.xerces.impl.Version
     null/null @ null

Re: StAX Events - registered by default?

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi,

Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net> wrote on 03/03/2015 10:27:55 PM:

> Hello,
>
> I noticed that since 2.10 Xerces-J will ship and register
> implementations for StAX Event classes. I can see that this is a first
> step to provide a full StAX Parser/Serializer. But until then I wonder
> what can be done with those events?

The same things you can do with any other object/abstract representations
of XML.

> It currently creates the situation that the default
> XMLInput/OutputFactories are configured to use the Oracle defaults and
> the Event Factory uses the Xerces brand. Is this really the best idea
> to register one without the other?

I don't see your point. Each factory is independent of the others. You
could have a hybrid environment where every JAXP factory is provided by a
different vendor/implementation. Certainly many applications use Xerces
without Xalan today so it's already the case that they're getting parts of
JAXP from one place (Apache) and others from somewhere else (e.g. whatever
is in their JDK, or from other XML libraries like Woodstox).

> > "%JAVA_1_8_HOME%\bin\java" -cp target\java-xml-test-0.0.1-
> SNAPSHOT.jar;.m2\repository\xerces\xercesImpl\2.11.0\xercesImpl-2.
> 11.0.jar net.eckenfels.test.xml.XMLInfoMain
>
> XMLInputFactory   = com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLInputFactoryImpl
>    Java Runtime Environment/1.8.0_31 @ 1.8.0_31
> javax.xml.stream.allocator               = null
> javax.xml.stream.isCoalescing            = false
> javax.xml.stream.isNamespaceAware        = true
> javax.xml.stream.isReplacingEntityReferences = true
> javax.xml.stream.isSupportingExternalEntities = true
> javax.xml.stream.isValidating            = false
> javax.xml.stream.reporter                = null
> javax.xml.stream.resolver                = null
> javax.xml.stream.supportDTD              = true
>
> XMLEventFactory = org.apache.xerces.stax.XMLEventFactoryImpl
>     null/null @ null
>
> SAXParserFactory  = org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
>     null/null @ null
> isNamespaceAware                         = false
> isValidating                             = false
> isXIncludeAware                          = false
> http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/feature/secure-processing = false
>
> DocumentBuilderF  = org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
>     null/null @ null
>
> Xerces: Xerces-J 2.11.0 org.apache.xerces.impl.Version
>      null/null @ null

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab