Posted to community@apache.org by "B. W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@red-bean.com> on 2002/12/02 20:38:21 UTC

Re: [RFC] prototype committers list with links

Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org> writes:
> Web page can be found at:
>
> 	http://cvs.apache.org/~rubys/committers.html
>
> Source to the script can be found at:
>
> 	http://cvs.apache.org/~rubys/committers.pl
>
> Fire away with comments, criticisms, suggestions, and most importantly,
> patches.  I believe that this addresses most, if not all, of the
> concerns identified to date.  If not, let me know.
>
> Notes:
>
> 1) The links were lovingly screen scraped from the httpd, jakarta, and
> members pages.  In the case where a multiple links are associated with
> an id, one is chosen essentially randomly (hint: community pages which
> provide actual apache user ids are taken as more authoritative as ones
> that merely provide names).

OK.

> 2) The list is all inclusive for committers, but in order to get a link
> to appear on this page you must have an entry on a community page and
> furthermore provide a link (i.e., presence of links are both community
> monitored/enforced and totally opt-in).

Hmmm... Dunno about this one. If you could come up with a better way
to get the links for userids (maybe a txt file in the committers cvs
repos that maps userid -> urls?), I'd be happy with that.

> 3) No validation of any kind of the content of the website referenced by
> the URL is enforced.

Cool.

> 4) People are free to "deep link" to this page in its current location,
> but the ultimate goal is for this content to migrate to a more prominent
> and stable location.

Sounds good to me--kind of a committers page like the members page,
eh?

-Fitz