Posted to user@click.apache.org by Tim Hooper <Th...@woh.rr.com> on 2009/02/11 14:55:54 UTC

TextField to post form

In my application I want to post the form when a textbox contained within the
form is changed, rather than forcing the user to click the submit button.  I
tried setting an action listener on the TextBox, but that doesn't seem to fire
unless the user hits enter.  I've also tried setting an attribute as follows:

description.setAttribute("onChange","this.form.submit();");

but that doesn't work either.  Is this something that I can make happen with
this framework?

Thanks.

Tim

RE: TextField to post form

Posted by "Ozakca, Muzaffer" <mo...@indiana.edu>.
Try this:

description.setAttribute("onChange","document.getElementById(\"" + form.getId() + "\").submit()");

Also look at the generated HTML to see if there is anything missing in it. I also highly recommend Firebug for debugging javascript stuff like this.

Muzaffer