Posted to users@ws.apache.org by "Petersen, Jennifer" <Je...@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca> on 2006/02/21 20:13:33 UTC

Client side timeout?

I've searched high and low and can't seem to find a way to set a client side timeout on a request.

My requirement is to return with an error when a response to a request is not returned within our SLA (say 2 seconds). Note that I cannot manage threads nor can I control this at the service level (I don't own the server code).

I know this question has been asked before but I don't see answers/recommendations, other than a suggestion to
use commons HttpClient. Is this the recommended approach? any sample code, hint? anyone? :)

thanks.

--
Jennifer

Re: Client side timeout?

Posted by John Buren Southerland <jo...@southerland-consulting.com>.
Jennifer,
I have to do it now with a thread implementing a sort of sigalarm, I
don't see any other way to do it.
Why can you not use another thread?