Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Otto van der Schaaf <os...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/02 09:53:23 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache PageSpeed 1.14.36.1-rc3

I staged another release candidate over at
http://people.apache.org/~oschaaf/mod_pagespeed/1.14.36.1-rc4/  which
doesn't
contain any compiled code plus moves to DISCLAIMER-WIP to track the
remaining issues. I'll try to move this to the right
staging location (https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pagespeed)
but need to polish my subversion skills, it has been
quite a while since last using that :-)

The MPL licensed source code is still there, it gets pulled in via
Chromium. This involves nspr via our chromium dependency
https://github.com/chromium/chromium/blob/2ca8c5037021c9d2ecc00b787d58a31ed8fc8bcb/base/third_party/nspr/
<https://github.com/chromium/chromium/blob/2ca8c5037021c9d2ecc00b787d58a31ed8fc8bcb/base/third_party/nspr/prtime.h>
I think we rely on prtime.cc/.h, possibly we can replace that. Is this a
blocking issue now that we have the WIP disclaimer in place?

Otto

Op wo 27 nov. 2019 om 01:36 schreef Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Can I raise a new VOTE thread for that?

After you have VOTEed on your dev list yes.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache PageSpeed 1.14.36.1-rc3

Posted by Otto van der Schaaf <os...@gmail.com>.
So with some help, rc4  is now staged in the right location!
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pagespeed/1.14.36.1-rc4/

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Well, we include
> https://github.com/chromium/chromium/blob/2ca8c5037021c9d2ecc00b787d58a31ed8fc8bcb/base/third_party/nspr/LICENSE
> [1]
> Now I'm wondering: should that propagate to our top-level LICENSE?

Ideally yes, but you are an incubating project and do include the license so IMO that’s OK.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache PageSpeed 1.14.36.1-rc3

Posted by Otto van der Schaaf <os...@gmail.com>.
Well, we include

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> which doesn’t contain any compiled code plus moves to DISCLAIMER-WIP to track the
> remaining issues.

Great!