Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by LizNJ <li...@hubcitymedia.com> on 2007/09/21 22:54:20 UTC

Connecting To Master

I have a broker on one server (serverA) that needs to connect to a broker on
a set of servers (serverB or ServerC). At any given time either B or C will
be the master and the other will be slave. How can I connect my broker on A
so that once it connects to the master it does not continuously attempt to
reconnect to the slave until the master goes down.

Liz

Re: Connecting To Master

Posted by Mario Siegenthaler <ms...@inventsoft.ch>.
Hi
If you're using ActiveMQs master-slave then a slave will never have
it's transport connector up. This is archived by a database lock or
file lock or by having the slave checking the master (pure master
slave). See http://activemq.apache.org/masterslave.html
So you can just use the failover protocol with all possible masters
(in your case failover:(tcp://serverC:61616,tcp://serverB:61616)) on
your serverA

Mario