Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/05/11 17:51:06 UTC

Vacation - Sam Ruby

Starting tomorrow, I will be inaccessible by both e-mail and phone for a
week.

Gump will presumably continue to run in my absence, and if there are any
updates to project definitions required, there are enough people on
alexandria-dev who can make the changes.  Worst case, have somebody comment
out the naglist, and I will fix whatever problems I can when I get back.

It would be nice if the tomcat3 and ant communities could look into getting
tomcat to be buildable again using a dist build of ant from cvs.  And if
the taglibs community can figure out why the build fails complaining that I
didn't specify servletapi.jar, when as near as I can tell, I *DID*.  And if
the xalan smoketest could be made to pass again.  And if turbine could
actually produce something that jetspeed would be willing to step up to...
;-)

But most of all, it would be nice if root@apache.org could look into what
is causing CVS to be abysmally slow these past few weeks.

- Sam Ruby

Re: Vacation - Sam Ruby

Posted by Scott Sanders <sa...@totalsync.com>.
Conor MacNeill wrote:

>> If that is the case, there is nothing we can do until Sam gets back, as
>> I know that Gump does a cvs update prior to the build process every time.
>>
>> Scott Sanders
>>

> Is Sam the only one with access to the Gump checkout directory. Perhaps Sam
> checked out a particular version or date which is now sticky?
>
> Conor

 From the latest check, Tomcat is building just fine.  Problem is solved?

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/jakarta-tomcat.html

So, it looks as if it is working...

Scott

Re: Vacation - Sam Ruby

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.

Re: Vacation - Sam Ruby

Posted by Scott Sanders <sa...@totalsync.com>.

cmanolache@yahoo.com wrote:

> On Fri, 11 May 2001, Sam Ruby wrote:
>

>> It would be nice if the tomcat3 and ant communities could look into getting
>> tomcat to be buildable again using a dist build of ant from cvs.  And if
>

> tomcat3 build works fine - Gump reports a failure that was fixed 2
> weeks ago. ( the report is on a line that is commented out in build.xml ).
>
> If anyone can do a "cvs update" - I'm sure the failure will go away.
>
> Costin
>

>> the taglibs community can figure out why the build fails complaining that I
>> didn't specify servletapi.jar, when as near as I can tell, I *DID*.  And if
>> the xalan smoketest could be made to pass again.  And if turbine could
>> actually produce something that jetspeed would be willing to step up to...
>> ;-)
>>
>> But most of all, it would be nice if root@apache.org could look into what
>> is causing CVS to be abysmally slow these past few weeks.
>>
>> - Sam Ruby

Re: Vacation - Sam Ruby

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.