Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@apache.org> on 2007/07/19 10:33:25 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache MINA 1.0.4 and 1.1.1 Released

The Apache MINA project team is proud to announce the new minor point
releases of Apache MINA, a Java network application framework, version
1.0.4 and 1.1.1.

Apache MINA is a network application framework which helps users
develop high performance and high scalability network applications
easily by providing abstractions of network and protocol I/O layers.

The Apache MINA project website includes resources such as
introductory presentation slides, tutorials, and examples to help you
learn MINA as soon as possible.

Please refer to the release note for the changelog: http://tinyurl.com/3yzuzk

Quick links:
============
* Homepage - http://mina.apache.org/
* FAQ - http://mina.apache.org/faq.html
* Testimonials - http://mina.apache.org/testimonials.html
* Documentation - http://mina.apache.org/documentation.html
* Performance - http://mina.apache.org/performance-test-reports.html
* Downloads - http://mina.apache.org/downloads.html

The Apache MINA project team is always open for your feedback.  Please
let us know what you think about MINA via our mailing list:
http://mina.apache.org/contact.html

Thank you,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache MINA 1.0.4 and 1.1.1 Released

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 7/19/07, Trustin Lee <tr...@apache.org> wrote:
> * Downloads - http://mina.apache.org/downloads.html

Two comments on your download page:

1. Please include direct links to pgp and md5 signatures from
www.apache.org/dist/ on your download page. The mirrors are not
trusted and people should be encouraged to grab the signatures from
our site.

2. Instead of putting a big message asking people to use our bandwidth
rather than the mirrors, please just wait 24 hours after putting out
the release before sending the announcement. In that time, essentially
all the mirrors will have picked it up.

Joshua.