Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org> on 2007/08/02 22:17:40 UTC

fsfs transaction-current compat issue?

I created a repo with 1.4 svnadmin and can't edit it with current
trunk svn:

1 tmp% svn log -v $r
0 tmp% svn mkdir -m '' $r/trunk
subversion/svn/mkdir-cmd.c:92: (apr_err=2)
svn: Try 'svn mkdir --parents' instead?
subversion/libsvn_subr/io.c:2603: (apr_err=2)
svn: Can't open file '/usr/local/google/home/epg/work/svn/tmp/repo/db/transaction-current': No such file or directory

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

Re: fsfs transaction-current compat issue?

Posted by Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org>.
Malcolm Rowe <ma...@farside.org.uk> writes:

> That's odd.  I'm pretty sure blair coded it to check again against the
> fs format number when deciding which way to do the transactions.
>
> I'll see if I can work out what's going on tomorrow, if no-one beats me
> to it.

After reading this, I double-checked: false alarm!  The svnadmin
I used was an older trunk build, not 1.4.  Sorry, move along,
nothing to see here...

Posted by Malcolm Rowe <ma...@farside.org.uk>.
On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 03:17:40PM -0700, Eric Gillespie wrote:
> I created a repo with 1.4 svnadmin and can't edit it with current
> trunk svn:
>
> 1 tmp% svn log -v $r
> 0 tmp% svn mkdir -m '' $r/trunk
> subversion/svn/mkdir-cmd.c:92: (apr_err=2)
> svn: Try 'svn mkdir --parents' instead?
> subversion/libsvn_subr/io.c:2603: (apr_err=2)
> svn: Can't open file '/usr/local/google/home/epg/work/svn/tmp/repo/db/transaction-current': No such file or directory

That's odd.  I'm pretty sure blair coded it to check again against the
fs format number when deciding which way to do the transactions.

I'll see if I can work out what's going on tomorrow, if no-one beats me
to it.

Regards,
Malcolm