Posted to user@impala.apache.org by Sachin Gaikwad <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/08 13:33:12 UTC

Impala supports reading data from protobuf?

Hi all,

Does Impala supports reading data from protobufs?

I have a NoSQL(key, value) table and value part is going to be protobufs.
So, will impala be able to understand protobuf and do nested type queries.
Example: If protobuf is like this:

message Employee {
   string name = 1;
   string id = 2;
   string address = 3;
}

Can Impala do queries like this? "where Employee.name="Sachin" ?

Thanks,
Sachin

Re: Impala supports reading data from protobuf?

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Sachin,
  We don't support protobufs. We support Avro-encoded files, which have
many similar features to protobufs.

Currently we only support nested types in Parquet tables.

- Tim