Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com> on 2016/06/24 16:16:43 UTC

Failed to start hdfs

I finding the following in testdata/bin/run-all.sh

Failed to start hdfs-namenode. The end of the log
(/home/jbapple/Impala/testdata/cluster/cdh5/node-1/var/log/hdfs-namenode.out)
is:
/home/jbapple/Impala/testdata/cluster/cdh5/node-1/etc/init.d/common:
line 22: hdfs: command not found

Has anyone else seen this before?

Re: Failed to start hdfs

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.
I've seen things like this when the thirdparty version of things changes,
since bin/impala-config.sh sets various environment variables based on
that. I had some problems running "hdfs" commands that were solved with a
fresh terminal and sourcing bin/impala-config.sh

This is where hdfs points for me:

tarmstrong@tarmstrong-box:~/Impala/Impala$ which hdfs
/home/tarmstrong/Impala/Impala/thirdparty/hadoop-2.6.0-cdh5.9.0-SNAPSHOT//bin/hdfs

Re: Failed to start hdfs

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.

RE: Failed to start hdfs

Posted by "Wang, Youwei A" <yo...@intel.com>.
Greetings, Jim.
I have also come across this issue. And it bothers me for a long time.
My approach to work around it is using the ~/Impala/testdata/bin/run-mini-dfs.sh instead.
Hope this approach is useful to you. Thank you. :)