Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ri...@umapinc.com on 2003/03/24 22:47:58 UTC

SVGLocatable class

Hi,

    I am getting this error while compiling my code:

CreateSpatial.java:17: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class SVGLocatable
location: package svg
import org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGLocatable;

Can anyone tell me what might be the problem?  Below is my code

Thanks,
Riyaz

My code is:

import java.io.*;
import java.sql.*;
import java.text.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.awt.*;

import java.net.URL;
import java.net.URLConnection;
import java.net.URLEncoder;
import java.net.URLDecoder;

import javax.xml.parsers.*;
import org.w3c.dom.*;
import org.xml.sax.*;

import org.apache.batik.dom.svg.*;
import org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGLocatable;
import org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory;
import org.apache.batik.util.XMLResourceDescriptor;

public class CreateSpatial{

     public static void main(String [] args) throws Exception  {
        try
       {
        BufferedReader buff = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(System.in));

        System.out.println("Enter name of the file: ");
        String inpData = buff.readLine();

        String uri = "/home/groups/smarttools/web/java/images/" + inpData;

                String parser =
XMLResourceDescriptor.getXMLParserClassName();
        SAXSVGDocumentFactory f = new SAXSVGDocumentFactory(parser);
                Document doc = f.createDocument(uri);

        Element junk = doc.getElementById("junk");
                NodeList svgNodes = junk.getChildNodes();
        for (int i=0; i<svgNodes.getLength(); i++) {
                        Element subElemNode = (Element)svgNodes.item(i);//
Get element
                        if (subElemNode instanceof SVGLocatable) {
                         SVGRect bb =
((SVGLocatable)subElemNode).getBBox();
                        }
        }