Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Lei Yao <le...@163.com> on 2023/05/17 03:38:51 UTC

Reply:Re: Stepping down as a chair and Ambari PMC member

Hi Ambari team,

I would like to know whether a new chair has been elected.
It is time for Ambari community to move forward.

Best Regards
Lei Yao

Re: Reply:Re: Stepping down as a chair and Ambari PMC member

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
Since it was a tie, the decision for now was to wait a couple of months and then re-run the election.

I'm still the Chair (although in name only) with all the folks helping with actual Chari duties.

Thanks,
Roman.

Posted by Jialiang Cai <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing awesome! I wanted to chat about something important regarding our open-source community. I'm totally on board with the idea of rotating and re-electing the PMC (Project Management Committee) and Chair positions. Here's the deal: we've got quite a few members who are super inactive and barely involved in any community stuff. But guess what? They're holding important management roles! This situation is totally blocking other folks who are eager to contribute and drive the community forward. It's like PRs waiting forever to be reviewed with zero response, our CI/CD system going haywire, and sometimes it takes a whole month just to get a reply. Dude, this is seriously messed up!

So here's what I'm thinking. If any of our community management members aren't feeling it or simply don't have the time to get involved, why not consider a fresh round of elections? And hey, those who get elected should actually participate in community affairs, not just rock the title or chase after credit. We need peeps who are in it for the real deal.

Let's make our Ambari community even more kickass! I'm all ears for your thoughts, suggestions, and support on this. We're all in this together, and I know we can take our community to new heights.

Stay awesome,

jialiang