Posted to commits@couchdb.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/04/08 00:28:23 UTC

[Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Frequently asked questions" by ZacharyZolton

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ZacharyZolton:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Frequently_asked_questions

The comment on the change is:
Fixed broken link.

  == I want to update my view indexes more often than only when a user reads it. How do I do that best? ==

  To get on write view update semantics, you can create a little daemon
- script to run alongside CouchDB and specified in couch.ini
+ script to run alongside CouchDB and specified in couch.ini,
- as DbUpdateNotificationProcesses. This daemon gets sent a
+ as described in ExternalProcesses. This daemon gets sent a
  notification each time the database is changed and could in turn
  trigger a view update every N document inserts or every Y seconds,
  whichever occurs first. The reason not to integrate each doc as