Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Bailey, Shane C." <SH...@saic.com> on 2003/05/29 19:59:25 UTC

FORM based Auth and Struts

Since the Archive is down this may be there already but...

How do you have an action go to j_security_check and use struts?  It adds
the .do if I do action="j_security_check".  In general, anyone using FORM
based Auth and struts?

Re: FORM based Auth and Struts

Posted by Erik Price <ep...@ptc.com>.

Mike Jasnowski wrote:
> I am (with Struts 1.1 and WLS) and haven't had any issues. Although the
> login form I use doesn't use the Struts form tag, but just an HTML <FORM>
> tag directly.

After doing this, is the best way to get the username with
"getUserPrincipal().getName()"?

Just curious how others prefer to access the username from their
application code (as opposed to the container's own code).

Erik

RE: FORM based Auth and Struts

Posted by Mike Jasnowski <mj...@bea.com>.