Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by John Tranier <jo...@fylab.com> on 2010/05/19 14:11:48 UTC

authentication with spi2davex

Hi all,

I keep working on the migration of an embedded jackrabbit repository
to an externalized repository accessible through webdav.
Following the previous discussions I had on the list, I have managed
to migrate from Jackrabbit 1.6.0 to 2.1.0.
Now, I am facing an issue with authentication with spi2davex.

Here is a short description of my settings :
* I use the jackrabbit web-application 2.1.0 that I have connected to
my existing physical repository
* I use my own implementation of LoginModule & AccessManager
* To get JCR sessions, I use SimpleCredentials with extra attributes
that are processed by my custom modules (LoginModule & AccessManager)

My problem is that those extra attributes do not seem to be sent to
the webdav server. I have monitored the http queries generated by my
web application to the web dav server, and I cannot see any difference
when I add or remove attributes from the credentials. So I suppose the
http query generated by the login operation sends only login &
password information.

Do you think there is an easy way to solve this problem?

Regards,
John

Re: authentication with spi2davex

Posted by John Tranier <jo...@fylab.com>.
I found that the initial credentials is processed by CredentialsWrapper
that outputs an UsernamePasswordCredentials.
So I suppose there is no mechanism at the moment to send more
information through the http request.
The only workaround I can figure out is to encode all the data into the
login.

John.

Posted by John Tranier <jo...@fylab.com>.

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
hi john

> Do you think there is an easy way to solve this problem?

for sure not out of the box.
regards
angela