Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by chandrika <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/29 16:46:21 UTC

ignite cron scheduling in cluster

Hello All,

Apache ignite was very useful in our product, but have a query regarding
schedulers cron as given below:

We noticed that we can provide cron expression for a job to run only on
local node (i mean with the cron the job will run recurrently in the local
node only). Is there anyway for us to configure a job with cron expression
and schedule it on a cluster as and when the time reached to run the job, it
needs to be executed on one of the available nodes.

Also in case of node failure in cluster on which  the job has started its
execution, do we have a mechanism to restore . When an exception in Jobs
there are check points to restore but when the node on whcih the execution
of the job has started, if that fails hoe do we restore back the job on
another runnning node.

please get back to us on the above points as we are stuck in this aspect.

Thanks and Regards,
Chandrika

Re: ignite cron scheduling in cluster

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

There is no such functionality out of the box right now, but you can
implement something like this with your own.

For example, run broadcast on all nodes to scheduleLocal jobs which will
check after starting that only one of them will run and all other just will
finish. But in this case, you will need to add some rescheduling this jobs
for newly joined nodes. It's possible to do by listening to NODE_JOINED
event.

Also, It's possible to create an issue in Ignite Jira for adding this
functionality, if contributors will be interested in this feature, they
will implement it. And, of course, feel free to contribute!

Evgenii