Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Roger Keays <ro...@ninthave.net> on 2005/02/01 07:53:39 UTC

file Upload with store="file"

Hi all,

I've just been reading through the MyFaces implementation of the file
Upload component to try and get my head around exactly how it works and
I was wondering...

How does the UploadedFileDefaultFileImpl ensure the file is stored on
the filesystem? (presuming that is the intention). I can see that it has
a reference to a FileItem, but the default FileItem factory used by
commons-logging does not necessarily store uploads on the filesystem.
AFAICT the filter uses the default factory, and from my experimentation
it seems that large files are stored on the filesystem and small ones in
memory when I use store="file"... or have I misunderstood?

Cheers,

Roger

Ninth Avenue Software
p: +61 7 3870 8494